This position is primarily responsible for Software Engineering of real time artificial vision systems used in the manufacture and evaluation of wood products. The employee will be part of a team that architect, design, and develop custom systems using Microsoft Visual Studio.Net (C++, c#) and SQL. The employee will also be responsible for implementation and support of developed systems. The applications will also interface to other electronic equipment and devices involved in the manufacturing process. The employee must assure that quality of service to customer, sound economic principles and innovative, positive thinking is considered when carrying out their duties and responsibilities for this position.
Responsibilities/Key Job Elements
- Work as part of a global IT research and development team to develop vision based systems.
- Be able to understand complex mathematical algorithms and apply them to vision system applications.
- Engineering experience with various vision based devices, and the ability to integrate those into comprehensive systems.
- Research and test new technologies in the vision system field.
- Provide support and maintenance on the installed systems.
- Manage assigned activities, project estimates, status communications, and schedules within the scope of a project.
- Interface / cooperation with engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and Computer Science or related field with strong mathematical background.
- Minimum of 2 years Software Engineering experience
- Knowledge of object oriented development using Visual Studio.Net and SQL.
- Operational and integration knowledge of vision hardware devices (such as cameras, or lasers).
- Capacity to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and to work collaboratively with other departments.
- Experience working with electronic device development or repair is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Foreign language is a plus. German or French preferred.
We are looking forward to your application, which should include your CV, your diplomas, your entry date and your expected salary. For your application, details and questions please contact Mr. Hasel.